|RC Cars and
Cars Ezine 12
Cars Ezine 12
RCCARTIPS.com Newsletter / Ezine
Reading Time ~ 3 minutes
Vol 1, Issue
August 20, 2003
* Electric RC Truck - Associated RC10T3 RTR
* Tip of the Day - Wheel Holes
* Associated RC10T3 vs. Traxxas Rustler
* How-to Properly Ask Parents to Buy RC Cars
* Important Links
* Personal Notes
ASSOCIATED RC10T3 RTR
20+ mph 1/10 Electric RC Truck
For 3 consecutive years, "Readers Ride of the Year" of Radio
Control Car Action Magazine. This says a lot about the quality
of the Associated RC10T3 electric rc truck.
20-turn motor, stealth transmission, electronic speed control,
aluminum shocks, pre-painted F150 body... the list goes on.
Read the complete review plus tuning tips at:
TIP OF THE DAY - WHEEL HOLES
Check to see if your wheels have small 1/8 inch diameter holes.
These holes are made into the wheels to allow air to escape and
re-enter, preventing tires from deforming permanently during
hard jumps and compression.
If there are no holes, you can make them by using a 1/8" drill bit.
Make approximately four holes, spread 90 degrees, per wheel.
Note that this tip is for rubber tires only. There is no need for
holes if you are running foam tires.
ASSOCIATED RC10T3 VS. TRAXXAS RUSTLER
Two weeks ago I did an article on the Traxxas Rustler R/C truck.
This week, another popular model, the Associated RC10T3.
Which is the better electric powered remote control truck? To
find out, I did a side by side comparison of the specifications of
Read the entire article at:
HOW TO PROPERLY ASK PARENTS TO BUY RC CARS
For those of you who would like to own rc cars and trucks, but
are too young to have credit cards or money, the only option is
to ask your parents.
25 years ago, I remember begging them to buy me an rc car. So
I know how you feel.
But there is a right way and wrong way of doing it.
The Wrong Way
1. Using your parents credit card without their consent or
knowledge. Please do not do this.
The Right Way
1. Present to your parents the benefits of owning rc cars.
- R/C cars can help you become a better driver when you grow
- The r/c car hobby is better than getting involved in bad habits
such as drugs, gangs, etc.
- Electric rc cars teach you about batteries, electricity, and motors.
- Nitro rc cars teach you about 2-stroke engines, carburetors,
fuel, automatic transmissions... things similar to a real car.
- The hobby makes your more technically informed. You will
learn concepts of electrical and mechanical engineering.
- The hobby fosters new friendships. I made a lot of new friends
by simply placing and racing rc cars.
- The hobby is an outdoor sport, which is a good alternative to
staying in front of the TV or computer all day long. It give your
eyes a break, and your body the much needed exercise (just
try running after an out of control r/c car).
2. Ask your parents to buy the rc cars for you. Let them do the
3. If they say no, please understand their position. Back off for
now, and ask them later on. Maybe they will buy it for you if there
is an occasion, such as birthday, Christmas, graduation, etc.
Today, I am a parent myself. If I can afford to buy rc cars and
trucks for myself or my kid, I will do so without hesitation.
But if there are bills to pay, then I must wait until I have enough
money to spend on the hobby.
Secrets of Nitro RC Cars eBook
(downloaded 563 times since June 18, 2003)
Buy Radio Control Cars and Trucks
To those who have recently joined the newsletter, welcome.
To those who have sent me emails expressing how this
newsletter has helped, many thanks.
To all of you in my mailing list, thank you for reading. Peace!
P.S. Thanks for forwarding this email to your friends :)
To RC Cars and Trucks
RC Car Tips.com - Remote Control
Cars, Radio Controlled Trucks, and R/C Hobby Shops
Best R/C Hobby Shops
contains lots of articles about the fun hobby of RC cars and
Shop online to buy
electric or nitro rc cars from the USA, UK, and worldwide.
Buy from the best online rc hobby shops and stores.